Real Madrid’s Zinedine Zidane quiet on Paul Pogba’s potential move

Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane has refused to be drawn on a potential move for Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba.

The 23-year-old is understood to be in advanced talks with Manchester United about a return to Old Trafford, four years after he left to play in Serie A.

However, the move is apparently stalling over a stand-off regarding who pays his agent’s fee, potentially opening the door for Real.

Asked about a move for Pogba on his side’s pre-season trip to the United States, Zidane said: “I do not know, so far we are here (Columbus) working.

“Until August 31 anything can happen. He is not yet a Madrid player. We cannot talk about what will happen.

“The question is direct and I always say things. But now is not the time to talk about it. Everyone is interested in Pogba. He is a great player and when you’re with Madrid you always want the best. Now you have to respect some things, he is a Juve player, today I cannot say anything.”

While Zidane was reluctant to comment on Pogba, he was more forthcoming on the future of James Rodriguez.

The Colombia international has been reportedly linked with a move away from the Bernabeu after struggling to hold down a first-team spot last season.

But Zidane said: “He is a Real Madrid player and he is going to stay.”

Source: Sky Sports